Answered By: Chris Clouser Last Updated: Mar 31, 2015 Views: 81
Hi, and thanks for using our LibAnswers service!
We do not keep a standing list of professional journals that we hold in print only; however, there is a way to get an approximate idea of the items that we hold in print as opposed to electronically. Remember that in some cases we have the same items in both formats, also.
To begin searching for print subscriptions, do the following:
- Go to the library's website, www.iup.edu/library
- Click the "catalog" link, located in the I-Search box.
- Click on Guided Search (in the tabs at the top).
- At the right-hand bottom corner of the search area, click the button labeled "Set Search Limits."
- In the Location section, choose "Serials Department"
- Click the "Set Search Limits" button.
- Now, enter a keyword, for instance, "psychology," and click the button labeled "Search."
You will see a list of items, which should all have the location Serials Department listed. These are print copies of items in that department, which are professional and general periodicals (e.g., magazines and journals) with that keyword. Bear in mind that you must enter a keyword to search, and that this list may include items that are not professional journals.
Hours and Contact Information
Sunday: 11 am - 12:45 am
Monday - Thursday Open 24 hours
Friday: 7:45 am - 7 pm
Saturday: 11 am - 7 pm
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 9 pm
Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Sunday: 2 pm - 6 pm